Thursday, September 20, 2012

Creepy Stuff

The creepiest thing happened to me yesterday morning. I woke up at 6 AM, got up and went to take a shower. That's not the creepy part, the creepy part is that the moment I got out of bed I started reciting poetry. And I couldn't stop. The words rhymed and I couldn't stop until the first stanza was done. I could that there was more.

Taking a shower, ticking off on the mental to-do list when the second stanza comes pouring out. And again I can't cut myself off. The poem is getting darker and darker and I'm just hoping that the poem will end.

I recite the last stanza loud enough to wake my room mate. When it's finally over, the poem edits itself. It changes the last line from Wake no more to Forever more.
Little one little one,
Please cry no more.
You are safe here.
Your eyes on the door.
Your back to the wall.
Your feet on the floor.
Little one little one,
Please cry no more.

Little one little one,
Please sigh no more.
You are happy here.
Your hand on the door.
Your face to the ground.
Your back to the whip.
Little one little one,
Please sigh no more.


Little one little one
Please wake no more
You will stay here.
Your hands by your side.
Your back to the spread.
Your eyes to the night.
Little one little one,
Forever more.
-The Whisperer 
I searched it online. It doesn't exist. So either I wrote it without me knowing it or.....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment